Breakfast Club (before school ) and Quest-4- Fun (After school) Child Care Programs.
Are you looking for quality, fun and affordable before or afterschool care? GNAG is the spot for you!
|Breakfast Club: BC||Quest-4-Fun: Q4|
|Annual Fee: $50 (non-refundable)||Annual Fee: $275 (non-refundable)|
|Oct 2018 – Jun 2019: $190 per month||Oct 2018 – Jun 2019: $220 per month|
|Sept 10 – 30, 2018 $140||Sept 10 – 30, 2018 $170|
|The Glebe CC will be closed for some updates Aug 27 – Sept 7, hence the diminished fees and dates in September.|
Join Glebe’s finest afterschool program. Activities include sports, adventure games, crafts, cooking, special events and a whole lot more! A yummy snack is served each day. We also provide walkover from our neighbourhing schools and also accept children who arrive on busses from Frqanco-Jenuness and Lamoureux. Questions? contact Alison O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All staff are fully trained and certified in Standard First Aid, CPR, & AODA, with a completed police record check.
The Q4 program runs from after school to 6 pm, with programmed activities from 4:30 till 5:30.
At 5:30, children will move from the scheduled activities to free time.
More details on Q4 (Gr 1 – 6) Policies can be found here.
Email notification is preferred at email@example.com or call 613-233-8713. Please inform us if your child is going to be absent. We cannot leave the school until your child has been safely located; this delays the entire group from returning to the community centre.
Our BC mandate is to deliver a safe environment for your children to enjoy fun games and activities along with healthy food to help them start their school day of right: energized and confident in themselves. This service works with the three local schools, First avenue, Mutchmor and Corpus Christi. BC runs from 7:30 – school time.
Drop off for Breakfast club starts at 7:30 am and finishes at 8:40 am for First avenue students and 8:50 am for Mutchmor and Corpus. There is no need to notify us about breakfast club absences. If your child is old enough to walk themselves to school please let GNAG know by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note if you wish for your child to eat breakfast and they must arrive by 8:30am.
This new program is licensed thought the Ministry of Education. The program and curriculum at GNAG’s Kinder Quest-4-Fun Afterschool Care Program for Jk – SK (Kinder Q4) are guided by “How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years” (2014)(HDLH). This pedagogy has been implemented through the Ministry of Education as a professional learning resource for child care workers and provides a fundamental framework, grounded in leading-edge research, for how we approach education. We provide an enriching and educational program that promotes inclusivity and cooperation in a fun and safe environment, while focusing on the types of environments, experiences, and interactions, which bring out the best in children, their families, and the educators. To learn more about our Kinder Q4 program, visit us at GNAG.ca
Coordinator: Lauren Fowler Location: Glebe Community Centre
Coordinator: Lauren Fowler Location: Glebe Community Centre
The traditional program you know and love will continue to run for our children in grades 1 – 4. Based out of the Glebe Community Centre with daily activities at our satellite locations (Corpus Gym and the field. The group will be subdivided into two age-based groups, grades 1 & 2 called “The Littles” and grades 3 & 4 called “The Middles”, both groups will occasionally play together.
A program tailored to your child(ren)’s age group.
If your child has a life threatening allergy and requires an EPIPEN, please complete this form.
If your child will be taking medication during care hours, please complete this form.
If your child has a medical condition which is potentially life threatening or requires particular care, please complete this form.
Please remember that on PD days and Breaks (December and March), child care is not included in your BC/Q4 registration. You must register and pay separately for these programs, although pre-care (before 9am) and post care (4:00-6:00pm) is included at no additional cost to Q4 and BC registrants. Summer is not included in the program, nor is pre or post care during the summer.
Q4 – JK- Gr. 6
- Quest 4 Fun grade 1-6 follows the OCDSB (Ottawa Carleton District School Board) and OCSB (Ottawa Catholic School Board) calendar.
- Q4 registrants will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $275 per child.
- If you decide to withdraw from the program, this fee will not be reimbursed. Even if this withdrawal occurs before the start of the scholastic year.
- The monthly fee for Q4 is $220 for the 2018/2019 school year.
BC – JK – Gr. 6
- Breakfast Club is available for children who attend Mutchmor PS, Corpus Christi and First Ave. The BC program follows the OCDSB/OCSB calendar.
- BC registrants will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $50 per child.
- If you decide to withdraw from the program this fee will not be reimbursed. Even if this withdrawal occurs before the start of the scholastic year.
- The monthly fee for BC is $190 for the 2018/2019 school year.
If you are registering for both Q4 and BC, you will pay a $325 non-refundable registration fee per child for 2018/2019 school year.
- The City of Ottawa will be closing the Glebe Community Centre for two weeks: August 27-September 7 in order to complete renovations to retrofit the centre to meet the standards required under AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Kinder Q4 is a licensed program which can only take place in our licensed area. Consequently our licensed Kinder Q4 program will begin on September 10, 2018.
- All September fees will be prorated to account for the loss of care for one week. September, 2018 Q4 fee is $170. September, 2018 BC fee is $140.
- GNAG will offer “emergency care” in a local church for current (2017-2018) Q4 Gr 1-6 participants and BC SK-Gr 6 participants. This will be a separate week-long registration for families who need alternative care. More information to follow.
- Children who take the bus will be invited to start Quest-4-Fun when we re-open on September 10, 2018. We cannot pick up any children off buses during the closure.
- New families for the 2018/19 school year will be invited to start Breakfast Club and Quest-4 Fun when we re-open on September 10, 2018.
- Monthly fees will be charged by the midpoint of the month previous to the month to which they apply. (ie. September payment will be charged on the first business date after August 15, 2018)
- Upon registration you will be required to provide a method payment for the next year. We require new payment forms every year. There are two options for payment:
- Option One: By credit card by placing a current credit card number on file with us. Please fill out the monthly credit card payment form and submit it to GNAG by May 25, 2018. Please note there is 5% processing fee on all credit card payments. (Q4 costs $231/ BC costs $199.50)
- Option two: Pre-Authorized Debits (PADs) payment. Please fill out the PAD form and submit it to GNAG by May 25, 2018.
We at GNAG understand that your family’s needs may change, and that Breakfast Club and Quest-4-Fun may no longer work for your family for a variety of reasons. Should you decide to withdraw from the Q4 or BC program we require one calendar month (not 30 days) notice in writing via e-mail to email@example.com. If you are unable to provide 30 days notice, your effective withdrawal date will be one calendar month from the date an email is received. (For example: If you withdraw on March 21, your withdrawal date will be April 30). This will allow us enough time to fill your child’s spot.
Please email Ali@gnag.ca if you have questions.
Kinder Q4: documentation
2018 – GNAG Allergy Policy
2018 – GNAG Playground Safety Policy
2018 – GNAG Police check policy
2018 – Medication Administration Policy
2018 – Program Statement Implementation Policy
2018 – Q4 Kinder Handbook
2018 – Sample One Month menu
2018 – Serious Occurrence Policy
2018 – Staff Development and Training Policy for Staff