Glebe House Tour
September 17, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm| $35
Thanks for a wonderful tour!
Interested in house details. Have a look at the tour notes.
The Glebe House Tour, 20+ years running, is made possible by the generous homeowners who welcome ticket holders to tour their private homes, our generous sponsors, and by volunteers who run this annual event for the Glebe Neighbourhood Activities Group (GNAG).
Community Sponsor: Champagne Dit Lambert
|Tea & Refreshments
|Art: Nicole Allen
On Sunday, September 17, from 1 to 4 pm, you can stroll through one of Ottawa’s oldest neighbourhoods, explore five private homes and help support GNAG’s subsidy program that helps children with special needs participate in programs and activities.
Come and see what homeowners have done to breathe life into older properties and how they decorate and live in their spaces.
Volunteers are stationed throughout each home to direct you and answer questions. All homes will be custom adorned with floral arrangements by Bloomfields.The tour is well navigated by foot, bike or car. Or take advantage of the complimentary shuttle bus service provided by Amica Senior Lifestyles.
At the end of the tour, enjoy tea and superbly baked goods at the Glebe Community Centre from 2:30 to 5:00 pm.
Tickets are $35+HST in advance or $40 the week of the event for those ages 12 and up. They’re available online at GNAG.ca under Events. Tickets are limited. The tour runs rain or shine.
Access to houses requires the actual ticket booklet, your Eventbrite receipt is not adequate. You can pick up the ticket booklet starting Sept 13, 2023, at the Glebe Community Centre before attending the tour.
Welcome Event Sponsor: Il Negozio Nicastro
Tickets: will be available Aug 15, 2023 via Eventbrite
Early Bird: $35.00
Starting Sept 11: $40.00 Tickets are non-refundable for GNAG fundraisers.
Complimentary Refreshments: Coffee, tea, cool water and treats will be served at the Glebe Community Centre from 2:30 – 5:00 pm.
Fundraiser: Proceeds from this event will go to our Integration Support Program which allows children with special needs to attend programs and camps with GNAG.
Shuttle Bus: Shuttle bus service is offered during the tour courtesy of Amica Senior Lifestyles The Glebe. You can pick it up at any of the houses or at the Glebe Community Centre, check the map. It generally makes the full tour in about 20 minutes.
Sponsorship: Would you like to be a sponsor? With approximately 400 committed guests at this event, this is a great opportunity to get your name out there. Ideal for contractors, interior designers, landscape artists etc… For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raffle: Join us for refreshments at the Glebe Community Centre starting at 2:30 and fill out one of our House Tour Surveys. You will be eligible to win tickets to Taste in the Glebe 2024.
Volunteer: This fabulous event needs over 60 volunteers so join the team and enjoy a great day helping out and having fun. Call 613-233-8713 or email email@example.com.
Tips for a great House Tour:
- This tour is for adults. Infants-in-arms are welcome, as are children 12 years and over with their own ticket. No toddlers, strollers or car seats inside the homes.
- Remove your shoes OR cover them with the booties provided. No bare feet.
- Wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off and carry in your own bag or the reusable bag provided by Amsted Design Build.
- If carrying a bag, opt for a small one. Large backpacks are hazardous.
- No food or beverages in the home. Please join us for complimentary refreshments at the Glebe Community Centre, 175 Third Avenue, from 2:30 to 5 pm.
- Bathrooms are available at the Glebe Community Centre, not in the homes.
- No interior or back garden photography please. Links to photos will be available at gnag.ca under events.
- For whom it may concern. Although animals will NOT be present in the homes during the Tour, some homes do have an animal family member. Those homes will be noted in the guide with an animal icon.
- There are stairs in every home. Be prepared!
- The Tour is ideal for walkers and cyclists. Please feel free to take advantage of the shuttle bus.
- The Tour runs rain or shine.
Houses: Are you interested in showing your home September 2024? Perhaps you know someone whose eclectic taste, classic interior design or ultra modern infill would make them a perfect candidate to be on the tour. Give us a call at 613-233-8713 or email Clare@gnag.ca, we’d love to hear from you.