VILLAGE HOUSE ALL SOLD OUT!
A little over a year ago Phil Nicholson organized a “road trip” by bus from the Glebe Community Centre to Restaurant Les Fougeres in Chelsea, where we enjoyed a fabulous “Canada 150” tasting menu designed by Chef Yannick Lasalle (who, by the way, just won Gold at the National Culinary Championships—Bravo!). It was a monstrous success! And left us wanting more…
Phil has since reached out to several of the finest restaurants in the region—with great enthusiasm all around—and we are now delighted to announce the launch of CULINARY CARAVAN 2019 with our first two ventures. We arrange affordable school-bus transportation between the Glebe Community Centre (GCC) and the restaurant for a safe and worry-free evening enjoying fine wine and fabulous food in great company.
But as convenient, safe and comforting as the bus transport is, Culinary Caravan is much more:
- A special tasting menu created just for us, showcasing each restaurant’s finest fare
- A customized optional wine pairing designed to perfectly complement the food (purchase at the restaurant)
- Visits from the Chef and Sommelier through the evening to share their enthusiasm (and hopefully some of their secrets)
- Pre-arranged seating by Phil
- Delightful personal attention for our group from first arrival to final farewell
The Village House: Thursday, May 2, 2019, 6 pm – 10:30 pm
Come and discover what our food enthusiast friends have been raving about. Husband and wife team, Chef Michael Houseand and Front of House Sarah Swan, will welcome us to their intimate open-kitchen restaurant in the heart of historic Wakefield overlooking the Gatineau River. You can be assured their creative offerings will live up to their theme of “upscale comfort food”—highly inventive, strictly seasonal, delightfully local. This will be a unique tasting event in a warm setting with charming hosts.
The fixed price of $140 covers:
- Return bus transportation between the GCC and The Village House
- Relaxed group dining in The Village House’s welcoming setting
- Six courses: four savoury courses, a cheese course, and dessert
- Service and all taxes
VILLAGE HOUSE ALL SOLD OUT!
An optional Wine Pairing is available at $50 plus service and tax. Alternatively, wines and other beverages may be ordered à la carte as priced on the menu (plus service and tax). All beverages to be purchased on site the evening of the event.
NOTE:The Chefs believe in seasonality and creativity, and we believe in mystery and surprise, so you may not find out the final fixed menu until you arrive. Trust us that it will be creative and delightful, with a beautiful cross-section of tastes. There will be one or two vegetarian course options, but expect a generally “omnivorous” offering.
If you have questions before booking—or if you have serious food allergies—contact: Phillip Nicholson at firstname.lastname@example.org