COVID Protocols at GNAG
Updated Province of Ontario Guidelines as of Jan 20: Click here to view.
If you are feeling unwell or are awaiting a Covid test, please do NOT come to a GNAG program or event.
Self-Isolation-Flowchart Click on the image to view the helpful document from Ottawa Public Health.
We will email everyone a Liability Waiver to complete before attending all classes with GNAG.
All visitors age of 12 and over must present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the GCC as mandated by provincial regulations . The Ontario enhanced vaccine certificate (QR code) is the only option accepted for proof of vaccination. We do not want to keep a copy of your vaccination certificate, just see it and scan it.
Download a digital copy of your certificate.
- Go to the Ontario Health site where you can download your vaccination certificates. (https://covid19.ontariohealth.ca)
- Scroll to the bottom and Agree
- Enter your data and Continue
- Choose Vaccine Receipt (yellow box)
- Save to your phone or computer
- Ta Dah!
What to expect at our in-person classes:
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of your class.
- The building is currently open. Please try to minimize the number of people in the building.
- Masks must be worn throughout your class while indoors. Some activities are exempt (dance, fitness). For these classes, masks must be worn until the start of the class.
- Visitors to GNAG classes must wear a mask.
- Mask wearing is optional for all outdoor activities such as Q4, Manhunt, soccer, youth night, etc. We ask that all participants carry a face mask in the event they need to move the activity in-doors or when social distancing is not possible.
- We ask that all inquiries and transactions to be done online, by email or phone.
- As always, this situation continues to evolve. Please be assured our team will monitor the Provincial and OPH requirements for any changes and GNAG will adjust its protocols accordingly.
GNAG’s Vaccine Policy
GNAG is dedicated to serving our community, particularly those in vulnerable populations. As a result, we have been following the available data and direction regarding COVID-19 and the vaccination program with close attention. It is clear to us that the vaccination program and other measures such as the wearing of masks, frequent hand washing, and social distancing are critical to our recovery in the pandemic and a return to more fulsome operations.
As a result, clients in GNAG programs and events will be required to provide proof of full vaccination (including the completion of the two-week post vaccine waiting period) when they arrive at a GNAG in-person program and event.
Who needs to be vaccinated?
Adults: must be fully vaccinated and be ready to show proof with a QR code in order to attend GNAG programs and events.
Children: Children who are eligible for full vaccination must be fully vaccinated in order to attend any camps or programs that begin after April 1, 2022 and bring proof with a QR code.
Who is eligible for the vaccine? (it’s always best to check OPH for the most up to date info but this is what we have as of Feb 4)
- All those born in 2016 or before.
- All those born in 2017 will be required to be vaccinated 12 weeks after their 5th birthday.
- Children who are currently enrolled in our 2021-22 BC and Q4 programs and are unvaccinated, may continue to attend BC and Q4.
Medical exemptions will be made on a case-by-case basis with a supporting Doctor’s note.