We know you’ve got lots of questions about how GNAG is dealing with COVID-19 and we’re going to be updating things as often as possible.
This Fall we will be offering online and in-person classes. The health and safety of our staff, clients and their families is our top priority, therefore protocols to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 will be implemented.
Here are some things to expect for our in-person classes:
- Staff and participants will be required to complete a Daily Health Screening (DHS) before arriving at class. Anyone feeling unwell is asked to stay home.
- The GCC doors will be locked at times. Only program participants, rental groups and staff are permitted into the facility.
- To reduce overcrowding, the main door on Third Ave is a designated entrance into the building. All other exterior doors are designated exits. Accommodations will be made to those who have issues with mobility.
- Please arrive at the GCC 10 minutes before the start of your class. This will allow for enough time to check your DHS and get you settled into your class. Unfortunately, late arrivals will not be permitted into the building.
- Each class will have a designated area for participants to store their belongings during their class.
- Class sizes are reduced to allow for 2m social distancing.
- Participants must hand sanitize and wear a face mask before entering the building.
- Masks must be worn throughout your class while indoors. Physical activities are exempt.
- Please practice social distancing by following the markers and directional arrows throughout the facility.
- Regular sanitizing of high touch points will be conducted by staff and instructors however, all adult participants will need to sanitize their own equipment before use including the use of bathrooms.
- Classrooms will have an assigned gender neutral washroom
- Transition time will be quick between classes. This is to allow for enough time to sanitize and reset the room for the next class.
- We ask that all inquiries and transactions are to be done online or by email or telephone.
- GNAG is offering two short in-person program sessions as a precaution in the event of a shut down.
- As always, this situation continues to evolve. Please be assured our team will monitor the Provincial and OPH requirements for any changes and GNAG will adjust its protocols accordingly.
Our excellent online class options will continue. Please check out the Fall Guide for a full listing.